FAG Split Cylindrical Roller Bearing Housed Assemblies from Schaeffler: Easy on, Easy off Offers Significant Downtime Savings!
Replacing a traditional non-split roller bearing is a complex procedure that involves removing gears or couplings, taking off drives and gearboxes, cutting off the old bearing and, frequently, stripping the line shafting. Converting to Schaeffler’s all-new FAG Split Cylindrical Roller Bearings eliminates many of these complications because they are engineered and manufactured in halves – so they offer the benefit of being able to be easily assembled around a shaft. All FAG Split Cylindrical Roller Bearings are available in inch (1-7/16” to 16”) and metric (40 mm to 300 mm) sizes, while larger sizes (up to 32”) and special designs can be accommodated as well. Have a special request? Contact us today!
At a glance: 7 essential advantages of Schaeffler´s new FAG Split CRB Housed Assembly
- Super-fast bearing replacement for those hard-to-reach places
- Self-aligning: Bearing cartridge and housing can externally accommodate ±3° of misalignment
- Standard ductile iron: Cartridges, pedestal, and flange housings machined from high-strength 65-45-12 ductile iron (steel available upon request)
- Drop-in solution for competitive split cylindrical roller bearings
- Accommodates inch-size shafts from 1-7/16” to 16” and metric-size shafts from 40 mm to 300 mm
- Made in USA
- Easy mounting/dismounting
The complete bearing housing assembly consists of:
- The housing unit, which holds/supports the cartridge and bearing assembly in the correct position and height. Made from powder coated high-strength ductile iron.
- The cartridge, which contains the bearing assembly and seals.
- High-performance, triple labyrinth seals that keep grease in and contaminants out. Split design ensures ease of installation; high-temperature versions available.
- The bearing assembly, whose high-precision components include:
- Inner race
- Clamp collars that hold the inner race halves in place
- Roller cage with rollers
- Outer race
FAG Split CRBs are the perfect solution for the following industries/applications:
- Cement & Construction
- Pulp & Paper
- Power Generation
- Fans & Blowers
- Motors & Generators
- Bucket Elevators
- Stacker Reclaimers
- Marine Propulsion
- Continuous Casters