SCHAEFFLER GROUP USA INC. AAPEX SWEEPSTAKES 2020 OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: Schaeffler Group USA Inc. (“Schaeffler” or “Sponsor”) AAPEX Sweepstakes 2020 (the “Sweepstakes”) is subject to the information below. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period (as defined below). Any entries received after the Promotion Period will not be considered.
- Drawing Entry Period: October 21st, 2020 beginning at 2:00 pm Eastern Time (ET) Zone until 5:00 pm ET on November 10th, 2020.
Prize Awarded: Apple iPad (Wifi, 32GB)
Number of Prizes Awarded: 3
Retail Value: $329.00 per unit
Date Prize Winners Announced:
- Drawing: November 11th, 2020 by 6:30 pm ET
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is only open to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, all U.S. Territories and all overseas military installations), Canada and Mexico, who are at least (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. See Section 6 for additional details.
Employees of Schaeffler, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, officers, directors, agents, advertising and promotional agencies, as well as members of the immediate family of any such employees, are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, step-siblings, parents, step-parents, children, step-children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Complete the “Entry Process” by completing the steps as follows:
1. Mechanic/ Installer uploads a picture to Facebook of a current catalog Schaeffler product “in use”. For example, installing the Schaeffler product or a Schaeffler product picture in the workshop. You need to show the Schaeffler box with the Luk, INA, or FAG brand.
2. You must tag Schaeffler’s REPXPERT North America Facebook page in your post (@repxpert.na) and use the #schaefflerAAPEX2020 tag.
5. Entry Restrictions: There is a maximum of one (1) Entry Process per person for the sweepstakes. Entering more than once during the Promotion Period is prohibited and will not increase your chances of winning.
Any attempt by an entrant to acquire more than one (1) entry during the Promotion Period by using numerous email addresses, registrations, identities, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entry and that entrant will be disqualified. Valid entries must contain all information required as described in Section 4 above. Incomplete, illegible and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute, Sponsor has sole discretion in verifying the identity of Winner. Sweepstakes winner will be selected from completed entries. The Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. By entering, entrants unconditionally acknowledge compliance with and acceptance of these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements. Responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the entrant.
6. HOW AND WHEN WINNERS WILL BE DETERMINED: Three (3) winners will be selected in a random silent drawing conducted by the Sponsor from among all eligible entries received by the end of the Promotion Period. There will be three (3) winners of this sweepstakes.
The silent drawings to determine the three (3) winners will take place on:
- November 11th, 2020 by 6:30pm ET
Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries. Winners agree to be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
7. Prize(s): The Apple iPad (wifi, 32GB) will be mailed to the Winners by Sponsor. Sponsor will pay for shipping and handling to deliver the prize. Sponsor is not responsible for guaranteeing access to the virtual event. Total approximate retail value of all prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is $987.00. Any and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of these prizes for a prize of equal or greater value. No transfer, assignment, change of the prize, or cash substitution is permitted. Each entry will have an equal chance of winning. Winner agrees to accept the Prize “as is”, and entrants hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including, without limitation, to the prize’s quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose or express warranties (if any) provided exclusively by a supplier that are sent along with the Prize. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prize. Sponsor will announce winners as described in section 8, and Sponsor assumes no responsibility if Sweepstakes-related communication is lost, rejected, faulty, or potential winner otherwise does not receive Sweepstakes related communications. If a potential winner is disqualified (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) or fails to redeem the prize in accordance with section 8, the Sponsor reserves the right to randomly choose an alternate potential winner, at its sole discretion. Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. All federal, state, and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
8. Claiming Prize: Winners will be notified via Facebook. Additionally, eligible winners will be announced via Schaeffler social media channels and AAPEX show media channels, as available. The time and manner of announcing the potential winners of the sweepstakes is subject to change at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If a potential winner does not redeem the prize within one week after the drawing, the Sponsor reserves the right to select another potential winner at its sole discretion.
- Drawing : November 11th, 2020 by 6:30pm ET
Sponsor is not liable if potential winners do not receive notification of selection as potential prize winners. If, for any reason, more potential winners come forward seeking to claim the prize in excess of the number of prizes set forth in these Official Sweepstakes Rules, Sponsor will have sole discretion in determining, based on any factors or information that Sponsor deems relevant, which potential winners will be awarded the prize. Sponsor, in the event multiple persons attempt to claim the same prize, may hold an additional random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for the prize. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances and eligibility for such drawing will be at the sole discretion of Sponsor.
9. Disclaimer: The Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of an entrant to complete the Entry Process for any reason, including for equipment malfunction, connection issues, acts beyond their control, or otherwise. Entries are void if incomplete, defective, altered, forged, illegible, or received outside authorized channels. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries, or any portion thereof) who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes should fraud or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will determine winners in an equitable manner as determined by Sponsor’s sole discretion.
11. Taxes: Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the Official Rules.
12. Conduct and Decisions: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes and the Sponsor's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Sweepstakes is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Sponsor and are final. The Sponsor may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately alter, circumvent, disrupt, damage any website, or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
13. Hold Harmless/Release: As a condition of entering, entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Schaeffler and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, parent companies, officers, directors, employees, agents and employees of agents, and advertising and public relations agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Entities”), from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, damages or causes of action, losses, costs or expenses with respect to or in any way arising out of or related to this Sweepstakes, entrants participation in the Sweepstakes, or the use of the entrant’s entry and the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation liability for any travel related to the Sweepstakes, death, personal injury, loss, and/or disability; (b) except to the extent prohibited by applicable law under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs and entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Miscellaneous: Winner may be required to submit proof of eligibility and sign the Sponsor’s Eligibility Affidavit to claim the prize. The Sponsor may substitute prizes, as well as extend, modify, or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify entrants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Sweepstakes prize. All entries and information become property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
15. Winner List: For a winner list, where required by law, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope no later than ninety (90) days after the end date of the Schaeffler Group USA Inc. AAPEX Sweepstakes 2020 to: 5370 Wegman Drive, Valley City, Ohio 44280.
16. Terms and Conditions: All terms and conditions are incorporated into the rules of this sweepstakes.
17. Jurisdiction: By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of Nevada without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in Nevada and where the relevant contacts are with such state. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
18. Choice of Law: Any and all legal disputes and lawsuits between entrants and Sweepstakes Entities shall be governed by the laws of the Nevada.
19. Sponsor: Schaeffler Group USA Inc. is the sole sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to change or cancel the promotion at any time.