Belt drive systems
Systems development with CONTITECH-INA
As part of the joint venture CONTITECH – INA GmbH Co. KG Belt Drive Systems, we have since 1995 been developing complete belt drive systems both for the primary and accessory drive and have so far developed more than 50 systems to production readiness. In order to fulfill the system life values required nowadays of up to 240 000 km and beyond, systems knowhow and appropriate development expertise is required. This development expertise includes:
- computer-aided belt drive simulation using the software products DINAPro, DINA and SIMDRIVE®
- life predictions using the software programs Bearinx® and "Belt drive life program"
- FE calculations and topological optimisations
- belt drive simulations on specially developed simulation test rigs ("breadboard testing")
- functional and fatigue strength investigations on fired engine test rigs with power levels up to 330kW
- functional investigations on site at the customer with transportable, flexible metrology
- vehicle measurements on our own chassis dynamometer (suitable for all wheel drive vehicle, condition adjustment options from –30°C to +40°C), on the test track or on site at the customer
- acoustic investigations on components, engines and vehicles
- fatigue strength investigations on special component test rigs
Through the use of synergy effects and intelligent implementation of systems development thinking, development costs can be reduced, development periods shortened and optimum matching of all components to each other can be achieved.